Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cat's Pajamas

So, I decided to buy this huge amount of natural clay to play with.  When I was in school, I only had one 3D art class which I did very well in.  I was told to pursue a career in sculpture or pottery, or something along those lines, but my heart has always been in 2 dimensional work (drawing, painting, etc.)  It still is, but I am kind of combining my skills and creating these small clay sculptures, which I then paint on.  I'm pretty pleased with the way they are coming out.  Here is my first one:



I'm currently working on a monster with a little girl riding on the back.  It's still in the clay stages with no paint yet, but it looks pretty cool.  Now for some fun!

It's getting so nice and springlike around here in NJ.  I took my daughter (Izzy) and my neice (Rhiannon) out the other day to play and explore.  Here's some fun pictures.

The girls.



 Me and my Girl.
 Me and my neice.
 Little Izzy.

I worked really hard on that crown.  They wore it for 2 mintues. 
I love them both a lot. They are a lot of fun!

5 comments:

  1. Love the cat! Cute little ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your cat in pajamas, sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable post! Your cat creation is SUPER cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments! They are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete