Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No more shampoo?

There is nothing wrong with my hair in particular (besides the fact that it's really long because I can't decide what I want to do with it).  I just think it gets a little dull and oily sometimes and I do not like to wash it everyday.  I wash it every other day. 

Anyway, I have been trying to live a little more natural lately.  Eating better.  Trying to improve myself.  So I've decided to try an experiment in using natural household items on my hair.  I found an article on using baking soda and apple cider vinegar on your hair.  Yes, the apple cider vinegar smells a bit nasty.  I've used it once thus far and my hair was definitely clean, but I don't like the smell of the vinegar.  If anyone has any suggestions on that, I'd be open to it.  I was thinking maybe I could mix a strong smelling oil in it or something like that. 

The portions were 1 tbsp baking sode to one cup of water and rinse it out.  And then 1-2 tbsp apple cider to 1 cup of water and rinse, but use this sparingly if you have oily hair.  I'm going to give it a shot for a while and see how my hair does. 

3 comments:

  1. By the way, if anyone actually cares about this stuff, I'm very much impressed with how well these 2 concoctions work! My hair definitely clean and soft as using regular shampoo and conditioner. This is now week 2 or 3. The only drawback remains that pesky vinegar smell that I pretty much can't stand. Tried using conditioner after the vinegar rinse. This proved to be an awful idea as it made my hair very greasy. So please, don't even try that one.

    ReplyDelete